Herefordshire Ornithological Club (HOC), one of Britain’s longest established and friendliest bird clubs, was founded in 1950 and has over 400 members. Our members have a broad range of interests, experience and expertise. Friendly help, advice and encouragement will be found in plenty whenever you need it.
HOC exists to promote the study and welfare of wild birds and their habitats and the maintenance of ornithological records for Herefordshire.
We arrange Indoor Meetings from September to March with a wide range of speakers and illustrated talks. There are also Field Meetings throughout the year across the county and some further afield. Expert leaders will help you to identify the birds that are seen and heard.
Join HOC & Receive
- HOC News our quarterly newsletter in Feb, May, Aug, Nov, either by email or in the post
- HOC Annual Bird Report with lots of interesting articles and details of bird sightings across Herefordshire
- Access to our website giving valuable information about birding sites in Herefordshire, field trips, indoor meetings, recent sightings, access to BirdTrack and the Club's Twitter and Facebook feeds
- Introduction to HOC booklet
Membership fees are due on 1st January each year (unless you join after 1st September in which case your initial subscription lasts until the second year).
We have various categories of membership:
- Single adult £12
- Joint adult (same address) £18
- Junior (under 18) £5
- Life £300
- Senior Life (over 65) £180
- Senior Joint Life (over 65) £270
Membership Application Forms